The Quadrangle, Cheltenham
The Quadrangle was constructed in 1973 by owners land and House Developments providing some 5300m2 of office and retail complex, it replaced the Victorian New Club building which had stood on the site since 1874. Since 2009 the building had been surrounded with a scaffold fan to isolate the general public from falling concrete facade caued by carbonation of the concrete
Pressure from local MP Martin Horwood and key tennant departures meant that current owners RBS needed to seek expert advice in order to reverse this trend. Makers were approached to assess the structure and produce a repair mechanism to repair the external facade.
The reconstituted stone storey height panels were highly carbonated which allowed heavy corrosion of the embedded steel reinforvement to occur resulting in the spalling of significant sections of the facade. The missing sections had to be brought back to the original profile to ensure the integrity of the structure.
Detail work was applied using the Conipur M8652 product. The spray system cures on contact as the two parts are heated separately and are mixed at the point of nozzle. The material is applied to the required consumption over the whole area.
See the .pdf for the full Structural Refurbishment Case Study…
Call us on 0845 899 4444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org