Makers Construction Ltd are currently seeking an Apprentice Estimator to join our team.
The Estimator will prepare estimates and tenders for structural refurbishment and waterproofing projects in accordance with Company estimating systems and procedures. Working with other members of the estimating team to secure sufficient work by value and type, in order to meet Company objectives.
- Competitive Salary
- Birmingham City University part time apprenticeship scheme
- HNC in Construction (2 years) followed by Batchelor of Science in Quantity Surveying (3 years)
- Pension scheme
- Based in our head office in Shenstone, Staffordshire
- Normal hours – 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday
- Quantity take offs from drawings and/or site.
- Produce pricing schedule document based on the project requirements. Populate pricing with our costs
- Organise and gather subcontract prices via specific subcontract enquiries
- Analyse and compare subcontract prices obtained
- Understand the project material specification (obtain if required). Cost materials based on manufacturers prices and consumptions
- Carry out on site project surveys around the UK to gather required information.
- Assess risk levels of the project.
- Assist in tender adjudication with colleagues and Directors
- Correspond to any client queries and information requests
- Assist in project handover meeting for any successful bids.
- 112 or more UKAS points for University course requirement
- Good level of numeracy skills
- Competent in Microsoft Excel, word and digital software
- Demonstrate a team player mentality
- Full UK driving licence, travelling to sites will be required around the UK.
- Attention to detail and organised
- Ability to meet deadlines and goals
- Time Management and ability to multi-task
All CV’s / applications to be sent to email@example.com
Equal Opportunities & Diversity
Our aim is to ensure that all individuals are treated fairly, responsibly and equitably in all aspects of employment and the delivery of our services. We will recognise, respect and value difference and diversity.