Techniques used in evaluating material deterioration vary with the material being examined. Those commonly employed by Makers in evaluating concrete degradation, may typically be.
- Carbonation testing
- Hammer testing
- Chloride analysis
- Cement content analysis
- ½ cell contour plotting (potential wheel or manual recording)
- Corrosion rate analysis
- EMAD evaluation
Understanding the causes of concrete deterioration are vital in ensuring long term effectiveness from any remedial treatment undertaken to structures.
- Makers can assist is this respect, having Personnel trained in the various diagnostic techniques. We also have the necessary infrastructure resource to back up this investigation work.
- Diagnosis of material issues can be followed up with proposals for independent remedial specifications and, where required, budget costings.
- We undertake a complete dialogue with our Client during the investigation process, discussing the findings and arriving at a tailored solution.
- There are of course a range of solutions, based on the anticipate service life of the structure and budget available.
- It may of course be appropriate to recommend a phased approach, dealing with the immediate issues.
- Makers can assist in all parts of this process, with independent advice and a structured testing methodology.
- Specification and budget preparation
- Report and Structural Appraisal
|If you would like to learn more about structural testing and investigation then please see more details about our CPD Seminars. Book a Testing, Investigation and Diagnosis CPD Seminar|
Call us on 0845 899 4444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org